Saturday 8 May 2010

Lauren n Jessi Jung and Sew Liberated Patterns

So much for a relaxing Saturday afternoon making my Summer top!

Even more new fabrics and patterns have arrived and again i've been busy uploading them. This time a new designer to Seamstar (or I should say designers as this is a mother and daughter team) - Lauren and Jessi Jung. Lovely Summery fabrics from the Botany collection - so we just need a bit of Summer now and everything is sorted!


Also several Sew Liberated patterns just added.....


Speaking of patterns I am at least going to make a start today on my Summer top by washing the fabric (I know not actually sewing but at least i'll feel like I've started it!). I am making this lovely pdf pattern from Frog Legs and Ponytails called Amelia (you can check Mindy's lovely shop out here http://www.froglegsandponytails.com/) :


I think i've now narrowed fabric choice down to either Alexander Henry's new Caitlin Stripe as I think that will create a funky 70's look;


or Bloom Vine by My Mind's Eye with the Polka Dot as the ties;



and then when Botany arrived I was thrown again as Bramble Vine in Ripple is a really gorgeous turquoise which is my favourite colour.


hmmmmm I think a cup of tea and reflection before I start cutting any fabric.

3 comments:

  1. Beauty fabric Courtney and new patterns too! I'll pop over later to check them all out! I've washed and ironed my fabric to make the schoolhouse tunic - I got some Echino (I think that's how u say it!) Japanese linen fabric with birds on it from fabricworm in the states to make mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Justine
    oooooo i'll wait and see how yours turns out before I start mine. look forward to seeing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and shop. I love it! I'm just about to post a link to your shop on my sewing groups website as we are always looking for modern fabric sites in the UK and they are soo hard to find! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete